This week I had a lot of fun using images gathered from DALL-E to create a storyboard!

My Storyboard and Script:

After learning about AI tools from week eight, I was eager to experiment further with DALL-E. I found this tool to be very easy to use and it was extremely effective at finding the exact images I was looking for based on the prompt I searched for.

Storytelling Techniques

From this week’s reading, 7 Storytelling Techniques Used by the Most Inspiring TED Presenters,Ā I identify various storytelling techniques utilized by Dananjaya Hettiarachchiā€™sĀ  winning speech, ā€œI See Somethingā€ (2014). I found this presenter to be the most compelling because he is very funny and I really enjoy the tone of his voice throughout his speech!

Storytelling techniques Dananjaya Hettiarachchi Utilized:

• Immerse your audience in the story
    • Through humour, metaphors, and allowing the audience to participate, he effectively immerses the audience into his story.
  • Tell a personal story
    • Shares personal details about his own life, which allows the audience to connect with him on a deeper level
    • By sharing personal details, the audience can relate these stories and information to their own life.
  • Creates Suspense
    • When Dananjaya picks the petals of the rose one by one and eventually throws the flower into the trash can, the audience becomes captivated to learn more.
  • Bring characters to life
    • Whenever Dananjaya talks about his mom or dad, he transports the audience to the scene which allows us to visualize and hear the characters.
  • Show, don’t tell
    • At the start of his presentation, he compares a flower to humans, and uses the removal of each petal to convey a message about being broken.
  • End with a positive takeaway
    • The speech ends with a reminder that despite how broken or lost you may feel, there will always be people in your life who will support and help you.